Assistant/ Assistant/ Chartered engineer - Ports
Assistant/ Chartered engineer - Ports
This role will be working closely with a range of port related project teams contributing to project deliverables.
- Detailed and/or concept design of port infrastructure, including jetties, dolphins, monopiles, quay structures, dredge layouts, breakwaters and revetments.
- Contribute to the contract procurement process, including preparation of tender documents, specifications, BOQs and drawings; management of tender processes through to contract award
- Asset management inspections and repair/enhancement studies
- Design studies including navigation, mooring and metocean studies and port masterplanning
- Support to project management including resourcing, programming, commercial matters and delivery
- Supporting business development processes and delivering tender documents
- A degree in Civil/Coastal Engineering (or equivalent). An MSc/MEng or MA is preferable
- Chartered or working towards chartership with a relevant professional institution
- Experience in a broad range of port engineering design projects. Previous delivery of detailed designs is essential
- Experience of report writing and an aptitude and desire to further develop these skills
- Experience in contributions to or acting in project management roles and integration within multidisciplinary project delivery teams
- Knowledge of the design of various maritime structures including quaywalls, dolphins, jetties etc; knowledge of mooring and navigation studies
- Experience of bid preparation and business development
- NEC ECC experience a benefit i.e. some project manager and / or supervisor experience a benefit
- Experience of interacting with coastal numerical modelling and environmental aspects i.e. EIA / SEA / AA an advantage
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel overseas in respect of project work
Our Ports, Coastal & Offshore team provides leading consultancy and advice in the planning, development and provision of port and maritime infrastructure. This extends from some of the world’s largest dry bulk, tanker terminals and container terminals to cruise and ferry terminals, marinas, and small craft harbours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
ABP is the UK’s leading port operator, with a unique network of 21 ports across England, Scotland an... Read more
We are looking for a principal project manager with a broad range of experience in the maritime sect... Read more
This role will be working closely with a range of port related project teams contributing to project... Read more