Marine Operations Manager
Marine Operations Manager
Support ongoing Marine projects in all aspects (logistics, HSE, contractor management, budget & cost, timing, quality and technical performance, etc.).
Provide pre-planning support for new or proposed projects. Travel to the projects as required for project start-up meetings, contractor audits, HSE support, and to ensure overall project integrity.
Operational and Acquisition Activity
- Actively pursue strong interfaces with all functional groups and provide GIS, Operational and or Technical Support as needed while communicating activity with Houston based Operations team.
- Responsible for preparing first pass cost estimates and time and motion analysis for new EAME opportunities to be reviewed by the Houston operations team.
- Generate initial logistics and permitting requirement reports with assistance from local Project Managers upon request for new Ventures opportunities *
- Responsible for communicating operations team capabilities, workflows, and processes to internal and external parties as necessary. This requires an in depth understanding of all Ventures operations
- Responsible for all EAME project crew start-ups and preparing all material necessary for crew presentations
- Responsible for drafting RFP’s (Request for Proposal) and provide to Operations Manager for approval prior to sending out to sub-contractors and providing analyzed results to Operations Manager
- Responsible for providing bid document preparation and support to the Ventures BD team.
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely reporting of all project critical information: Crew Production (time & production), HSE performance, Subcontractor performance (Project specific Risk Assessments, QC, HSE, and any other 3rd Party as required). * Participant in project and contractor pre-qualification audits and accident investigations as requested.
- Regularly communicate updates with Houston Operations team as well as local Project Managers
Operational Support Activity
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining salesforce.com for marine projects. Responsible for accurate and timely entry of information and data relative to all marine projects. This would include working with Business Development, Sales, Finance, and Accounting personnel to ensure input of data from those functions as well.
- Responsible for active participation in regular internal sales and business development meetings with EAME team and the communication of updates to Houston operations team
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency, trending analysis, and quality management for all Ventures operations
- Work with accounting and finance personnel to ensure timely and accurate projects costs for accounting and accruals projections.
- Promote and engage in proactive QHSE efforts, ensuring proper reporting, reviews, follow-up and close out of remedial actions, and that all regulatory requirements are followed.
- Active participation in the reporting and investigation of incidents and trends on all projects.
- Ensure personal HSE and operational training as well as travel vaccinations are current so as to allow for travel to and from projects as may be required.
- Active participation in the Service Quality initiatives and programs.
- Active participation in the reporting and investigation of incidents and trends related to service quality.
- Actively participate in the identification, preparation, review and follow-up of operational procedures and Best Practices.
- Be able to effectively communicate ION Policies and Procedures to UK Based teams and be the initial point of contact for clarifications while working with the Houston based team to formulate responses.
Travel Requirements- Extensive domestic and international travel as required.
- Prefer 3 years min. field experience in a management role
- Basic QHSE Training and general seismic operational awareness
- Able to travel with short notice and may be required for extended stays.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written
- High level experience and knowledge of Operational software such as SurvOpt and Checkpoint
- Good PC Skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, Power Point)
- Current and valid Pass Port and Driver’s License.
With more than 30,000 people working across our organisation, our people are our world. Join our Por... Read more
ABP is the UK's leading port operator, with a unique network of 21 ports across England, Scotland an... Read more
Support ongoing Marine projects in all aspects (logistics, HSE, contractor management, budget & cost... Read more
We are looking for a Marketing & Audience Development Executive to join our award winning B2B media ... Read more
We are looking for an experienced and talented Digital Marketing Executive to join our award winning... Read more