We are looking for an experienced Multimedia Designer to join a busy Marketing Department based in Fareham, Hampshire.
As a Multimedia Designer, you'll design and develop multimedia applications, systems and products, in print and online, that entertain, educate, persuade and inform the audience. With expertise in graphic design, digital audio and visual media; you'll bring text, photos, graphics, animation and sound together to make media-based products. A key member of the marketing team, you will be expected to turn your hand to a multitude of design tasks with some challenging deadlines.
Mercator Media produces leading specialist magazines, exhibitions, conferences and websites, predominantly serving the Commercial Marine sector with pan-European and international audiences. Established in 1989, the company has over 55 employees.
Our clients range from large international equipment manufacturers and suppliers, media agencies through to family-run vessel operators. The company is in an exciting growth stage, launching new events in the USA and east Asia plus a range of new digital services. This is a unique opportunity for a creative Multimedia Designer to join a great B2B media company, working as part of the developing marketing team whilst making their mark in a pleasant work environment.
Mercator is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer, based in modern open offices just off the M27 in Fareham, Hampshire. Mercator Media prides itself on recognising and rewarding talent. Our “people” are our greatest asset and we heavily invest in staff development, training and growth within the organisation.
As a key member of the marketing team, you will work closely with and on sales, production, events and conference team projects; to bring a brief to life and produce high quality on-brand sales and marketing collateral in a timely manner, including but not limited to:
* Video production and editing
* Interactive .pdf design
* Web, print and television advertisement design and re-sizing (including mailshots, pop ups, display advertising and classified advertising)
* Exhibition visuals
* Text styling
* Picture re-touching/resizing
* Logo design and resizing
* Magazine, sales and business collateral design (brochures, whitepapers, leaflets, flyers, merchandise, stationery etc.)
* Email design and html
* App design and updating
* Use Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Flash Player and 3D Flash Animator, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Avid audio production software and Quark.
* Author files using HTML, Java or C++.
* Visualising design briefs and executing them using creative flair and brand knowledge.
* To create and improve marketing collateral. offering suggestions and implementing in design.
* Create design ideas using computer-based design packages and collaborate with other specialists to incorporate their work into the final product.
* Presenting final designs to team and senior management, gaining final sign off from relevant stakeholders.
* Ensuring clearance and copyright for assets used.
* Provide guidance to Graphic Design apprentice.
* Ensure all graphic design jobs are completed on time and within budget.
* Creating a database of suitable and labelled images for marketing design.
* Observe company policy in terms of producing and archiving product documentation, as well as any reports and recommendations.
* Day to day marketing administration.
A strong portfolio of experience, as well as a relevant degree or diploma qualification in one of the following subjects:
* Computing and computer science
* Film-making and digital photography
* Fine art/visual art
* Graphic and media design
* Multimedia/interactive technology/design/animation
* Software development/engineering
* Web development
* 3D design/visual art
You will need:
* At least 2 years graphic design experience in a similar role
* Creativity and a good understanding of technical processes
* Skills in the use of specific operating systems such as macOS and Windows.
* A passion for creative design and new multimedia.
* A high level of competency in using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Flash Player and 3D Flash Animator, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Avid audio production software and Quark.
* Html authoring and editing experience
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to listen, respond and relate to stakeholders - in particular to explain things clearly to people who may not be very familiar with multimedia products.
* Excellent organisational skills to plan projects and meet deadlines.
* Teamworking skills and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise to achieve common goals.
* The ability to understand and communicate complex information expressed in numbers, charts or equations.
* A problem-solving approach to work.
* Time management and project management skills.
* The motivation to keep up to date with technological developments and to work on a project from concept through to closure.
* A ‘can do attitude’.
Skills that would-be a strong advantage:
* App Development and html authoring
* Experience in Quark Express
* A 2nd language
* Design experience within the marine industry
Deadline for applications is noon on Monday 9th October 2017. To apply, send CV, with covering email outlining your experience and why you feel this would be an appropriate role for you to Michelle Brooks at email@example.com
- Mercator Media
- Date Posted:
- Job Title:
- Multimedia Designer
- Fareham, Hampshire
- £22k - £24k DOE