Applications are invited for the position of Port Assistant based at Port Ellen Ferry Terminal.
Reporting to the Port/Harbour Manager, you will need a flexible approach to your day-to-day responsibilities. Your duties will include;
* All duties connected with ship movements, gangways and securing of vessels.
* Customer enquiries.
* Sales/collection of passenger/vehicle tickets.
* Cash handling.
* Use of VHF and PA Systems.
* Control of passengers and vehicles embarking and disembarking from vessels.
You must be computer literate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are expected to have a flexible approach to working, as shift and weekend work will be involved. A full driving licence is essential.
You must be customer focused, have a clear understanding of the customer interface and have a proactive approach to customer care.
The successful candidate must be able to commute to the Port Ellen Ferry Terminal on a daily basis.
- CalMac Ferries Limited
- Date Posted:
- Job Title:
- Port Assistant
- Port Ellen Ferry Terminal
- 40 hours per week
- £9.68 per hour