DP World pairs up with global investment partner

Investment partners: AS part of the partnership, CDPQ has acquired a stake in DP World’s Vancouver and Prince Rupert container terminals Investment partners: AS part of the partnership, CDPQ has acquired a stake in DP World’s Vancouver and Prince Rupert container terminals
Industry Database

DP World has formed an investment platform in partnership with one of North America’s largest pension fund managers, through which it will invest in global ports and terminals with a focus on investment grade countries.

The partnership with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) will invest mostly in existing assets, but with up to 25% invested in greenfield opportunities. Through this platform, DP World will share new investment opportunities and CDPQ will have the option of co-investing alongside DP World. 

The investment platform totals US$ 3.7 billion, with DP World holding a 55% share and CDPQ the remaining 45%. 

It will be seeded with two of DP World’s Canadian container terminals, located on the Pacific Coast in Vancouver and Prince Rupert, with CDPQ acquiring a 45% stake of the combined assets for US$ 640 million. 

Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Group Chairman and CEO, DP World, said: “As a global trade enabler, DP World is proud to announce the partnership with CDPQ to invest in growth opportunities in port and terminal businesses around the world. “

“In CDPQ we have found a partner with shared vision who is willing to participate in the risk and reward of investing throughout the life cycle of trade-enabling assets across the globe. The partial monetisation of our Canadian assets further strengthens our balance sheet.”

LATEST PRESS RELEASES

World’s smartest digital port with Northern collaboration:

World’s smartest digital port with Northern collaboration: Largest multipurpose port in Finland adop... Read more

INTERNATIONAL EXPERTS WILL BE PART OF A HEATED DEBATE DURING THE AAPA CONVENTION IN VALPARAISO

Renowned international experts will take part in the debates scheduled for the 107th Convention of t... Read more

Breakbulk Events & Media Supports Project Cargo Summit in Rotterdam

Breakbulk Events & Media Supports Project Cargo Summit in Rotterdam Read more

Antwerp XL attracts key stakeholders from across the breakbulk industry

All new exhibition for the breakbulk sector, Antwerp XL, has received support from breakbulk special... Read more

Papeete launches smart port transformation with Ci5 First commercial success for the Cargo Intelligent System

The Papeete Port Authority (PAP) is entering the smart port era with Ci5, a Cargo Intelligent System... Read more

Jade Logistics leads Indonesian ports into a digital future

Christchurch, 06 July 2018 – PT Pelabuhan Indonesia I (Pelindo I) has chosen the terminal operating ... Read more

View all