Here at ABP we are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager (Energy and Regulatory).
Reporting to the Group Head of Commercial (Energy), this is an exciting new role that has been created to help deliver our new energy generation and storage strategy across our 21 ports. Our wind and solar installed capacity exceeded 19MW in 2019, and will reach 29MW by Q2 2021. We aim to significantly increase this in the coming years and also install energy storage where commercially attractive. This vacancy will be key to achieving our energy objectives.
Ideally the candidate will be based in or around London, however we will consider candidates based in other parts of the UK.
We are seeking someone who has in depth expert knowledge of UK power market regulations and can explain how they impact ABP’s energy generation, procurement and supply activities. You will need to be able to use your knowledge to highlight commercial opportunities and threats to our existing and planned portfolio of assets. In addition to this you will apply your knowledge to lead energy generation and storage projects.
As our inhouse expert you will provide clear and concise insight and analysis on the UK electricity market, regulatory framework and government or grid incentives in relation to power generation assets in order to ensure new project valuations are correctly treating opportunities and risks.
You will also provide clear regulatory advice and guidance on electricity procurement and supply to behind the meter customers. Critical to the success of the role will be the ability to translate market and regulatory information into commercial insight that benefits the business and influences the strategy; having a commercial mind-set is a key requirement.
For this role we are offering a competitive salary and great benefits including private healthcare and a great pension scheme.
Although this is a full time role, we would consider candidates who are interested in a part time position with more of a Regulatory focus and less requirement to lead generation and storage projects.
- Provide clear and concise insight and analysis on the UK electricity market.
- Make recommendations on how the operational portfolio and energy supply could be commercially optimised given the current and potential future regulatory framework. Work closely with Public Affairs colleagues to define, compose and gain internal agreement for government consultation responses and briefings for government and industry stakeholders.
- Own the company relationship with external market and regulatory stakeholders such as energy consultants, trade associations and Ofgem.
- Lead opportunities to deliver new energy generation and storage projects.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Regional Energy, Commercial and Property teams in order to help identify and deliver new generation and storage projects.
- Make the investment case to key stakeholders including Regional teams and senior management.
- Lead negotiations with project delivery partners and lead and take ownership of subsequent project delivery contracts through the full lifecycle.
Skills, experiences and qualifications
- Very strong knowledge of the UK Electricity/energy market, revenue streams, regulatory framework and government/grid incentives, including (but not limited to) grid charges, embedded benefits and National Grid Ancillary Services.
- Experience of translating market/regulatory information into commercial insight that benefits the business and influences the strategy; having a commercial mind-set is a key requirement.
- A good understanding of understanding of electricity supply costs for business customers, and how on-site generation/assets can help and are treated/impacted by regulations, in particular wind, solar and energy storage.
- Very good industry network of government, regulator, trade associations and other industry participants, and experience of using the network to leverage commercial insight and advantage.
- A track record of influencing external stakeholders on regulatory topics.
- Experience of evaluating projects in the Power Generation sector.
- Experience of using asset/project valuation models in MS Excel
- Experience of preparing and delivering formal project investment cases
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of the energy project development lifecycle.
- An understanding of renewable power technology sectors, particularly wind and solar and an understanding of energy storage business models
- Experience at leading cross functional project teams
- An understanding of the key structures and parameters of Power Purchase Agreements
- Presentation and persuasion skills with the ability to deal confidently with senior management
- Good communication skills and adept at working across different functions and cultures within the organisation.
- Strong organisational skills
- Motivated by seeing a programme through implementation to final delivery
- Attention to detail
- A strong academic background, with a good degree preferably in a numerate discipline
Transport Planner required by a Container Haulier in Southampton Read more
Here at ABP we are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager (Energy and Regulatory). Read more
A rare opportunity has arisen to join an expanding Marine Compliance team providing specialist servi... Read more