Crane Manager (Expatriate)
Crane Manager (Expatriate)
A leading terminal operator located in Lagos, Nigeria, that handles both container and bulk cargoes requires the services of a Crane Manager. This is an exciting opportunity that requires the services of a suitably qualified mechanical/electrical engineer to join a global workforce.
- Experience with the maintenance and repair of Lieberr Harbor Cranes LHM 400, 420 & 550.
- Additional experience and working knowledge of RTGs would be advantageous
- Must be hand-on and prepared to lead/work as part of a large team
- Ensures that the maintenance and or remedial works of cranes are maintained in a cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality and longer duration of maintenance free equipment
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of all the quay cranes, mobile cranes and supporting equipment (electrical, electronic and mechanical)
- Advises contractors on re-warranty claim for the failure of equipment after discussing the matter with the Managing Director
- Ensure equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive maintenance programme and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Monitor and develop crane maintenance staff to ensure technical skills necessary for maintenance of complex plan items
- Ensure that breakdowns are attended to and rectified promptly and to make sure that follow-up work is undertaken as necessary
- Liaise with relevant departments for the scheduling of maintenance programme and provide feedback with a continual improvement goal.
- Ensure repair work does not affect the overall operational efficiency of the terminal.
- Oversees the administrative requirements of the crane section, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Mechanical/ electrical engineer with proven work experience
- Must be ready to relocate and live in Lagos
- Experience working in Africa is preferred but not essential
- The candidate can either be married or single
- Negotiable salary
- Fully expensed housing
- Medical allowances
- Phone & call allowances
- Yearly bonus
- 60 days leave per anum
All CVs & cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than four weeks of this published advert.
We’re the UK's largest ports operator with a network of 21 ports around Britain. We handle around on... Read more
Would you like to take on a varied role providing waterfront support to all ships and areas of the P... Read more
Join Svitzer and become part of an exciting, market leading, and vibrant company within the maritime... Read more
We are looking for a talented, experienced Media advertising sales person to join our award winning ... Read more
A leading terminal operator located in Lagos, Nigeria, that handles both container and bulk cargoes ... Read more