Deputy Terminal Manager
Deputy Terminal Manager
£60,000 - £65,000 a year
As a Deputy Terminal Manager – Ports/Terminals, you will need experience in Ports of Freight terminal environment.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Have a higher education and formal qualification to B.Sc. degree in shipping, transport and management related discipline.
- A degree in engineering is strongly desired for this role.
- Knowledge of bulk and breakbulk cargo handling equipment and methods
- Experience of ports/terminal management systems, especially in bulk and breakbulk terminals
- Proven track record of driving change through their teams
- Be proactive with regular updates and reports to Head Office
- Coordinate closely with clients and users of the Terminal, fulfilling and exceeding targets
- An ability to think strategically and laterally while actively pursuing development opportunities and applying management knowledge in practical terms.
- Full Profit and Loss Experience, ensuring financial controls are in place at all times.
- An ability to manage people effectively and have a good understanding of cultural sensitivity
- Strong communication skills at all levels and across all disciplines
- A strong customer focus and good customer relationship management skills
- Must be computer literate and have a good command of the English language, spoken and written.
As the Deputy Terminal Manager – Ports/Terminals, you will:
- Strategically ensure effective management of the terminal/Port in line with responsibilities as set out in the agreement with the ports authorities in accordance with company objectives.
- Set a standard of behaviour for safety through example ensuring full compliance with Health and Safety measures.
- Carry out risk assessments audits and apply appropriate controls and training while maintaining a good line of communication with the team members to limit risks
- Have proven ability in the turnaround and growth of a terminal in a senior management capacity.
- The Deputy Terminal Manger – Ports/Terminals will display strong adherence to the company core values whilst driving and supporting existing processes, product-introductions, allocations and innovations.
What's on Offer
Excellent Deputy Terminal Manager of Ports/terminals level salary and benefits package reflective of the size and responsibility of the role in a company with a fantastic culture.
In return you will be part of an extremely successful organization The company are committed to developing their people in the areas where they excel with succession planning in place which will support the growth of the business. It is a company with a wonderful culture.
As a Deputy Terminal Manager – Ports/Terminals, you will need experience in Ports of Freight termina... Read more
Maritime Transport is one of the fastest growing container transport, handling and storage companies... Read more
James Fisher and Sons plc is a leading provider of innovative marine solutions and specialised engin... Read more
To develop and deliver strategy that achieves business growth with Hams Hall International Rail Frei... Read more