ABP are recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to undertake engineering activities across all four of our Humber ports.
This role includes capital engineering works, maintenance activities, procurement of works and compliance with legislation, liaising with various key contacts as necessary.
You will also assume the responsibility of the Senior Authorised Person (SAP) as defined within the Group Electrical Safety Rules for the electrical infrastructure throughout the Humber region, providing guidance and leadership on electrical matters.
You will have an annual maintenance budget in excess of £13m and a significant capital expenditure improvement programme to assist the Asset Management and Engineering function so that we can all work safely and provide the best services to our customers.
The ideal candidate will be a real team player with an electrical-biased degree, eager to get stuck in to this exciting and fast-paced industry. For this role you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus, a great pension and numerous other benefits.
- Drive safety culture and performance within the department ensuring that pace is maintained with safety related matters and technical innovations.
- Oversee, monitor and audit the work activities throughout the region, ensuring that Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work are periodically reviewed, updated and or revised as necessary.
- Act as the Employers Representative for the undertaking of the Electrical Inspection and Maintenance contracts from the region.
- Provide guidance and support for day-to-day engineering problems and develop long-term solutions for a variety of engineering applications in line with operational and budgetary constraints.
- Responsible for long term strategy in accordance with the regional business plan, ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of their duties and engage with asset management plans with respect to operation, maintenance and replacement of electrical infrastructure throughout the region.
- Identify and prepare cost estimates for both present and future electrical engineering works.
- Assist the Head of Regional Asset Management and the Head of Maintenance, Humber with work planning to ensure the most efficient use is made of the resources available to carryout engineering works.
- Meet with port users and potential customers to discuss engineering matters and or other items of common interest.
- Responsible for the ongoing development and training of team members. To undertake appraisals and to ensure team members have sufficient knowledge to be able to carry out their duties independently on a day-to-day basis.
Skills, experiences, qualifications and competencies
- Qualified to Degree level with an Electrical bias
- Thorough understanding of PLC systems (preferably Siemens S7) and its applications
- A member of a trade/professional body – either holding or working towards Charted accreditation
- Trained to a minimum of NEBOSH with respect to Health & Safety
- Experience of SAP duties and High Voltage network switching
- Project management experience with multiple contractors and management of assigned budget
- Computer skills (Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and proficient in the use of AutoCAD application)
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to prioritise workload with efficiency and effectiveness, coordinating a range of activities
- Time-served apprenticeship