Graduate Ports and Maritime Engineer
Graduate Ports and Maritime Engineer
We are seeking a Graduate Civil / Structural Engineer to join our growing Ports and Maritime business to help drive further growth. The team is involved in a wide variety of civil/structural infrastructure projects with a diverse range of major UK and international clients across the maritime, defence and energy sectors.
Jacobs Ports and Maritime provides specialist technical services in coastal zone infrastructure development. Our team specialises in commercial ports, bulk terminals, breakwaters and coastal defences, dredging and reclamation, marine off-loading facilities, sea water intakes and outfalls, and naval bases.
As a Graduate Ports and Maritime Engineer you will:
· Work within our established project teams to execute and deliver safe technical solutions to agreed standards, on-time, and within budget.
· Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues
· Assist in the development of detailed designs and maintenance solutions for maritime structures.
· Carry out structural design and assessment calculations both by hand calculation and using a range of computer packages.
· Assist with structural inspections.
· Contribute to the production of reports.
· Assist with the preparation of contract documents, bills of quantities and specifications.
Work closely with peers and mentors to plan tasks and contribute to our business goals.
Qualifications & Experience
· You will hold, or be in your final year of working towards an accredited minimum level 2:1 MEng degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent).
· An interest in Ports and Maritime engineering.
· The drive and motivation to become a chartered engineer.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce well-presented reports.
· Proven team working skills and a strong customer focus.
· Good IT skills (including Microsoft Office) and aptitude to learning new analysis programmes.
· Relevant work experience.
· Membership with a professional institution (Institution of Civil Engineers).
Some ability in the use of Structural Analysis software.
At Jacobs we have celebrated over 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘ BeyondZero ’. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Merc... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Container Terminal Operations Depar... Read more
We are seeking a Graduate Civil / Structural Engineer to join our growing Ports and Maritime busines... Read more
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Permanent Stevedores / Port and Terminal Operatives to join a... Read more
Associated British Ports are now recruiting for a Port Manager to manage our Garston Port, just seve... Read more