Marine Technical Services Director
Charles Taylor Plc
Marine Technical Services Director
Competitive Salary and Package
Charles Taylor Plc is a leading global provider of professional services to the insurance industry. Charles Taylor Adjusting is one of the leading international loss adjusting businesses. We focus on commercial losses and claims in the aviation, energy, marine, property, casualty and special risk markets, many of which are large and complex in nature. These include onshore and offshore energy claims, maritime casualties, aircraft losses, large infrastructure claims and financial lines losses.
The Director of Marine Technical Services is an opportunity to lead our growing team of marine engineers, master mariners and surveyors to oversee the operation and develop the division within the insurance market. Reporting to the Managing Director of the marine division, this exciting new role has been introduced to consolidate our marine survey and consultant engineering business on a global basis, working on the strategy of a new client offering in the market. This role will ideally suit the marine technician that has a marketing capability, a person that will form part of the fee-earning team, but able to take on the management of the business plan, budgets, business development and the growing team,
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, grow and manage our marine technical services product and scope worldwide
- Assist the Managing Director with the execution of a business plan, that includes setting goals, objectives, targets and timescales and provide financial information as required.
- Build and develop the business to provide a sustainable and viable market offering which focuses on quality and accuracy
- Monitor chargeable output recorded by Marine Technical Services and assist individuals when necessary
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients
- Provide survey service, technical advice and consultancy as appropriate for technical discipline and produce details and accurate reports for client, whether internal or external to the business.
- Carry out a review process of reports produced by Marine Technical Services when and where necessary and provide technical and product oversight.
- Working with the Managing Director and HR department to identify and recruit the appropriate people to Marine Technical Services where required
- Mentoring and supervising individuals in the team ensuring that all employees receive the necessary training and ongoing training requirements are provided
- Ensuring that all staff maintain a high level of client focus and provide high quality service at all times.
- Experience of working in the marine industry, preferably from a sea-going background.
- Ship survey or other marine technical experience would be beneficial
- Experience of managing an international team of people including aspects of client liaison, financial management and business development.
- Ability to prepare, edit and review detailed technical reports and other written communication
- The role will require some international travel.
Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six values by ensuring a supportive environment, upholding excellence in people, focusing on partnership with clients, delivering high quality work, promoting group-wide entrepreneurship and having an appetite for change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Charles Taylor we are proud to be an inclusive employer. We provide an environment of mutual respect with zero tolerance to discrimination of any kind regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital/ family status, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Our external partnerships and the dedicated work we do in promoting a transparent and fair recruitment and selection process all contribute to the successful, inclusive and diverse culture and environment which we are proud to be a part of at Charles Taylor.
Maritime Transport is one of the fastest growing container transport, handling and storage companies... Read more
We are looking for a talented, experienced, hands-on, strategy-led Marketing & PR Manager to join ou... Read more
The Role Based at the Port of Leith, you will join our Marine Team to plan, implement and control t... Read more
Charles Taylor Plc is a leading global provider of professional services to the insurance industry. ... Read more
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more