Associated British Ports
Associated British Ports are now recruiting for a Port Manager to manage our Garston Port, just seven miles outside of Liverpool.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced manager to lead the Port to new levels of success. You will already know in detail what makes a business successful, and you will enjoy driving operational performance to exceed customer expectations.
The Port Manager has overall responsibility and ownership for leading the strategic delivery of the Port services in a sustainable and profitable framework. The scope of the role includes all commercials, sales, operations and people management for Garston which is part of the Short Sea Ports business area. Garston is a busy port in a great location, handling over 500,000 tonnes of cargo each year, with a total port area of 65 acres.
Ideally you will come from a relevant background such as ports, marine, logistics, operations or manufacturing and will have held a role at a similar level. It is essential you have a proven track record of building and managing successful teams.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a range of benefits including company car/allowance, good pension, private healthcare insurance and discount schemes with many retailers.
- Passionately meets and exceeds customer expectations by ensuring the delivery of high performing, efficient and compliant Port operations.
- Partners with the Head of Commercial to achieve strategic commercial objectives.
- Delivers Port infrastructure and assets to enable operational efficiency and safe performance. Continually seeks new development opportunities for the Region’s portfolio to maximise revenue and service levels through creative and entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Anticipates and develops business priorities that embraces change and drives improvements to current working practices, work environment and new technologies.
- Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by directing and overseeing all Port services in accordance with strategic objectives. Effectively plans, budgets, tracks, evaluates and drives business performance.
- Achieves operational excellence and continuous improvement by setting stretching team goals, delivering high quality communication, planning, analysis, decision making and project management. Adapts and copes successfully with changing operational circumstances.
- Delivers a sustainable platform for the Region by ensuring health, safety, environmental and compliance strategies are aligned to Port operations.
- Defines, creates, and executes a local public relations strategy to drive brand awareness, through local community building and engagement in each Port location.
- Extensive experience in an Operations Management role, with some gained in a similar environment.
- Proven experience in managing relationships and service level agreements with external partners.
- Strong commitment to providing exceptional customer experience with measurable results.
- Able to execute regional business plans that contribute to the development of Group strategy.
- A proven track record of building and managing successful teams.
- Able to present/communicate complex and analytical information to all levels of the business.
- Proven experience in delivering improved productivity and financial performance initiatives in an operational environment.
- Previous Health & Safety responsibilities (ideally IOSH or NEBOSH).
- Full UK driving licence.
When joining ABP you will find an environment that is both welcoming and challenging. We reward our employees well and offer a generous remuneration package, employer pension, private health insurance and a range of other benefits.
Please note that ABP undertake random screening for substance abuse and operate a zero-tolerance policy. A medical will be required before starting this position also.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, which helps us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Merc... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Container Terminal Operations Depar... Read more
We are seeking a Graduate Civil / Structural Engineer to join our growing Ports and Maritime busines... Read more
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Permanent Stevedores / Port and Terminal Operatives to join a... Read more
Associated British Ports are now recruiting for a Port Manager to manage our Garston Port, just seve... Read more