Here at Associated British ports we are looking for a committed and reliable individual to join the Operations Department in Teignmouth to help support the safe, efficient and successful running of the port.
As a Port Operative you will be a proactive and safety conscious individual who will work with multiple cargo types, plant and machinery to agreed targets and deadlines.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career within ABP. As an ABP employee you will receive hands-on training to develop your skills and knowledge in port operations and compliance. This will equip you to operate plant and equipment (including pre-start checks), during vessel loading /discharging and cargo storage operations.
- To work safely and responsibly in all aspects of the role. Input to the development of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and participate in Tool Box Talks.
- Undertake core cargo handling operations including operating the following machinery: Front Loading Shovel, Fork Lift Truck, Skidsteer, Mobile Lifting Platform, Mobile Material Handling Cranes, Tugmaster and bagging equipment.
- To work as part of the cargo handling team and assist in general port operations.
- Physically prepare and move cargo and assist in the preparation of stores.
- Ensure good housekeeping on the Port as directed by the supervisors.
- Undertake basic maintenance tasks as required across all port assets.
- Travel to ABP Plymouth Port to assist with operations as required to undertake mooring/unmooring operations and to supervise traffic on and off the ferries.
- Work flexibly to permit full operational benefit of labour.
- To work in compliance with the ABP Safety, Environmental and Security policies.
- Existing licence holder for operational plant.
- Aptitude to learn new skills and have a flexible outlook.
- Ability to fit into and enhance the existing Teignmouth and Plymouth operations team.
- Be physically fit and be able to carry out manual tasks.
- Able to work weekends.
· Previous experience of working in a port or other similar marine or operational environment
Here at Associated British ports we are looking for a committed and reliable individual to join the ... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Operations Department based at the ... Read more
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client, a leading port operating compa... Read more
WRS Tech is proudly recruiting for a Port Engineer to join one of our ship repair companies based in... Read more