Port Terminal Manager
Port Terminal Manager
Are you an experienced leader looking for a new challenge in port management? Are you an expert in port and container operational management?
We are looking for a forward-thinking people-leader who is a role model for ensuring the safe, efficient and successful running of our busy Immingham Container Terminal with accountability for around 100 personnel and up to 17 sailings a week in a 24/7 operation.
You will already be familiar with the maintenance of safe operations and will ensure the terminal is managed in accordance with ABP Safety Management Systems, striving to achieve beyond zero harm. You will be a confident and self-directed leader, with a drive for unleashing potential in your people and teams.
- Ownership of the defined Operational KPI suite to achieve optimal customer satisfaction.
- Lead stringent compliance to legislative/H&S Environmental guidelines.
- Develop direct links and relationships with customers and maintain monthly customer meetings with the Commercial Department to grow the business.
- Promote a ‘lead by example’ approach on ABP’s core values, ensuring standards are consistently applied to the team encouraging engagement and proactivity.
- Full ownership and responsibility of all Health & Safety and Security aspects of the terminal including leading initiatives to improve H&S performance.
- Effective management of full P&L for ICT – ensuring detailed understanding of each line item and driving the cost per box down
- Drive continuous improvement techniques to improve safety, operational, commercial and financial KPIs.
- Establish strong relationships with internal support functions and key stakeholders.
- Management of equipment/assets ensuring a fit for purpose Terminal to execute a seamless operation,
- Control of contractors including Third party labour.
- Significant and proven operational/logistics management knowledge/skills.
- Commercially astute and highly customer focused.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent.
- Knowledge and accountability of managing and developing teams.
- Budgetary responsibility.
- Change management.
- Previous container terminal knowledge and experience.
- Lean and CI qualified.
- Basic Engineering knowledge.
- ilM level 3+
- SAP/Autostore knowledge.
- Project Management – PRINCE2/APM.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within ABP. There may be future opportunities for secondments and moves to other management opportunities across our 21 UK ports.
Please be advised this role will close once sufficient applications have been received.
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Marine Department, based at the Por... Read more
Are you an experienced leader looking for a new challenge in port management? Are you an expert in ... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Biomass Operations Department, base... Read more
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Terminal Operations Coordinator to work for one o... Read more