SENIOR MARITIME AND COASTAL ENGINEER
SENIOR MARITIME AND COASTAL ENGINEER
GHD are looking to expand on their current maritime and coastal engineering capabilities. We are looking to engage a full time Senior Maritime and Coastal Engineer based in our Manchester office.
In this role, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects ranging from small scale marine specific projects to large scale multi-disciplinary projects in the ports and maritime environment.
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of design packages, including calculations, modelling and reporting.
The successful applicant will also be expected to develop strong client relationships and contribute to the development of the Maritime and Coastal Engineering business, whilst also mentoring and developing more junior staff.
Additional key aspects of the role include:
- Design of Maritime structures;
- Design of Coastal structures;
- Port planning;
- Leading project teams;
- Contract management;
- Client liaison and management;
- Asset Management; and
- Site roles including condition inspections, construction inspections and site supervision.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To succeed in this role, you will have a minimum of 8 years post graduate experience directly in the field of maritime and coastal engineering, including;
- Structural design of steel and concrete elements for small craft facilities, ship lifts, wharves and jetties (bulk, liquid, general cargo, containers), marinas and ferry terminals;
- Design of coastal structures including breakwaters, seawalls and groynes
- Condition inspection and assessment of existing structures, including knowledge of NDT onsite testing processes such as carbonation testing and Ultrasonic Thickness Testing, and intrusive testing such as concrete coring;
- Geotechnical design for foundations, including driven and bored piles, sheetpile walls and revetments;
- Successful delivery of single and multi-disciplinary projects, in design and leadership roles;
- Contract Management for the delivery of projects and sub consultants;
- Coastal processes and morphology
- Coastal management (beach nourishment, dune rehabilitation) and dredging.
The applicant will also need to demonstrate:
- A detailed knowledge of pavement, civil works, services and architectural design;
- The capability to produce concise and accurate reports, technical specifications, design calculations, and drafting briefs and mark-ups;
- A proven track record of establishing client relationships, developing bid strategies, and writing successful proposals;
- Knowledge of Australian, British, European and International Codes;
- Hands on design and analysis capability is a prerequisite including design from first principals;
- The ability to undertake detailed FEA analysis (standard software package is Strand 7);
- Strong understanding of soil structure interaction and use of AutoCad;
The candidate will be chartered or CPeng eligible and show the ability to be flexible and collaborative.
GHD offers a competitive salary and benefits package, together with a global network of professional expertise.
We are proud to have achieved Investors in People Gold standard, and enjoy working in a professional and supportive environment of safety, teamwork, respect and integrity, where everyone has the opportunity to develop their career and make a valued contribution.
Furthermore, GHD can provide a flexible career path tailored to suit your specific skills and talent, and to meet your individual needs.
SVITZER is the largest global company within towage and related services. We employ over 4000 employ... Read more
We’re the UK's largest ports operator with a network of 21 ports around Britain. We handle around on... Read more
Faststream is recruiting for a Vessel Operator with previous experience working with Product Tankers... Read more
GHD are looking to expand on their current maritime and coastal engineering capabilities. We are loo... Read more
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Merc... Read more