Senior Ports and Maritime Engineer
Senior Ports and Maritime Engineer
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, and construction – and program - management. Our 77,000 employees in 400 locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Ranked No. 1 by Fortune’s 2019 World's Most Admired Companies…
Source - http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/list/filtered?industry=Engineering, Construction&sortBy=industry-rank
We currently have an opportunity for a full time Senior Engineer within our Ports and Maritime team based in Southampton. The successful candidate will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Jacobs Ports and Maritime provides specialist technical services in coastal zone infrastructure development. Our team specialises in commercial ports, bulk terminals, naval bases, breakwaters and coastal defences, dredging and reclamation, marine off-loading facilities and sea water intakes and outfalls. We support a wide range of major UK and international clients across the maritime, defence, energy and transport sectors.
We are currently in the midst of an exciting investment period for Jacobs Ports and Maritime during which we aim to achieve considerable and sustained profitable growth. This will provide great opportunities for you to work across a broad portfolio of projects and will offer a platform to gain significant experience.
As a Senior Engineer you will be involved in delivering technical solutions, overseeing structural designs and the analysis and assessment of structures as well as an involvement in business development work. The team includes a wealth of experience and expertise in all aspects of maritime infrastructure projects. Sharing of knowledge and learning of new skills is actively encouraged.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Technical quality and excellence of your work and the work of those working under you
* Technical and professional guidance, support and development of more junior engineers and technicians
* Communication with clients and other design team members
* Project planning, delivery and financial performance
* Adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems
* Operational and design safety, and developing good safety culture
* Chartered or near Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer.
* Broad demonstrable knowledge in civil engineering design and construction
* Good all-round technical design expertise using British and international standards, and/or Eurocodes
* Proven ability in the management of preparation of drawing and project deliverables
* Good understanding of structural theory and strong analytical skills, with proven problem solving ability
* Good verbal and written communication, and report writing skills
* Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members
* Ability to work independently and with little supervision
* Pro-active, willing to take responsibility
* Good, accredited MEng degree in Civil Engineering or similar
* Demonstrable knowledge of design of maritime structures
* Demonstrable knowledge of assessing soil-structure-interaction
* Demonstrable knowledge of foundation designs
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sust... Read more
Pathfinder are working with Shoreham Port to recruit local candidates interested in flexible, tempor... Read more
Day to day supervision of maintenance / operational Mechanical and Electrical fitters, providing an ... Read more
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Permanent General Terminal Operatives to join a leading port ... Read more