James Fisher & Sons plc -
James Fisher and Sons plc is a leading provider of innovative marine solutions and specialised engineering services worldwide in: oil and gas, nuclear, construction, defence, renewable energy and more.
James Fisher Shipping & Crewing Services, part of James Fisher & Sons Plc, has unparalleled maritime experience in delivering safe, reliable and cost-effective ship management solutions. As ship owners for more than 170 years, James Fisher Shipping Services (JFSS) provides technical vessel and crew management to the James Fisher fleet of tankers, as well as to the wider tanker, research and specialised vessel markets.
With an emphasis on crew competency, professional development and welfare, JFSS is able to boast a notable service retention and as such has one of the best trained and long-serving pool of seafarers in the world.
- Ship Managers are responsible for all aspects of vessel operational readiness, capability & safety, ensuring full compliance with the company SMS and Third party stakeholder requirements.
- Reporting to the Operations Director on all matters of the vessel's operational management including the preparation and execution of the vessels dockings.
- Undertake ride on, pre-vettings, vettings, terminal visits and attend Class surveys as detailed within the SMS and manage small repair periods, surveys, inspections and servicing of vessels and their equipment.
- To conduct inspections and write up reports on the condition of the vessel and associated equipment and enter reports and findings into the PMS (AMOS) system.
- Make arrangements for service repairs / survey for vessels and equipment; liaising with surveyors and contractors as required.
- Carry out Purchasing / Work order duties relating to spare parts & service (using AMOS).
- Manage the planned maintenance for their respective ships; within the approved level of budgetary control.
- Manage the creation and build of specifications for dry docks and repair periods.
- Carry out on board inspections periodically.
- Develop excellent relationships with Crew.
- Oil Major Vetting preparation & all safety aspects.
- Such other duties commensurate with the position as may be determined from time to time by the Operations Director.
- This role is home based main land U.K. Frequent travel will be required to attend nominated ships, attend repairs and third party inspections.
- The Company operate their vessels on a 24 hour basis 365 days of the year and so travel at short notice and weekend working will be required.
Who we are looking for
- Marine engineering recognised qualifications, three years shore superintendency experience & min Class 2 Motor Minimum.
- Knowledge of and experience of working with tankers.
- Good understanding proficient in the use of PMS and SMS compliance systems.
- Understanding of Ship's certification and survey requirements
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Must have the right to work in the U.K.
- Must have a full U.K. driving Licence
Our Rewards and Benefits
- 25 days holiday
- 7% pension
- Car Allowance
As a Deputy Terminal Manager – Ports/Terminals, you will need experience in Ports of Freight termina... Read more
Maritime Transport is one of the fastest growing container transport, handling and storage companies... Read more
James Fisher and Sons plc is a leading provider of innovative marine solutions and specialised engin... Read more
To develop and deliver strategy that achieves business growth with Hams Hall International Rail Frei... Read more