Specialist, Port Services
Specialist, Port Services
Carnival UK has big plans for the future, already the market leader, CUK will grow by 50% by 2022 as we add new ships to the fleet and further transform the industry by making cruising a mainstream holiday for UK guests.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Port Services team for a Specialist on a 12 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Senior Planner, this role will be focused on helping Carnival UK manage the environmental impact for our fleet of ships. You will be tasked with assisting with the waste off-load planning, identifying cost efficiencies while building a strong relationships with our onboard team.
The role will be focused on helping Carnival manage the environmental impact for our fleet of ships. You will be tasked with assisting with the waste off-load planning, identifying cost efficiencies while building a strong relationships with our onboard team.
- Identify and track all waste suppliers, and the waste services provided, in each port
- Carry out a Duty of Care on all available waste vendors and work with our environmental team to award environmental compliance scores for each service
- Through visiting the ships build relationships with the on board teams to fully understand the operational constraints the crew face and provide support to minimise them
- Be the first point of contact for any waste off-load queries from the ship. Liaise on their behalf with Environmental Department, and or port agent, to find a resolution
- Be responsible for maintaining the Environmental Questionnaire database, ensuring all destinations have valid questionnaires and are uploaded into G-HESS ahead of ship arrival
- Work with the SMT and environmental team to ensure all advice, and waste suppliers, are compliant with current regulations
- You'll be based at our Southampton HQ, with some travel to the ships when required
A passionate individual with a keen interest in supporting the environmental impact of the CUK fleet of ships, the ideal candidate will have experience of working in a fast paced environment and possess the following requirements;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and attention to detail
- Influential communicator, able to discuss complex issues with clarity and credibility
- A team player, encouraging communication and sharing of information within the team and stakeholders
- Natural problem solver with experience of improving processes
- Good time-management skills and ability to manage own workload using initiative
Are you looking for a new and exciting career for a leading port company? Do you crave a decent work... Read more
Carnival UK has big plans for the future, already the market leader, CUK will grow by 50% by 2022 as... Read more
We are looking for an experienced and talented Social Media Executive to join our award winning B2B ... Read more
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more
We are looking for a talented, experienced Sales Manager to join our award winning B2B media company... Read more