Associated British Ports
To develop and deliver strategy that achieves business growth with Hams Hall International Rail Freight Terminal. To maintain the required customer / contractual service levels whilst maximising revenue opportunities and controlling cost to achieve bottom line profitability in line with budgetary expectations.
To lead and motivate a team of 5 direct reports and 24 indirect reports to deliver the planned activities within the freight rail terminal.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Full P&L and operational responsibility for Hams Hall International Rail Freight Terminal.
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities e.g. other Rail terminal opportunities.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships with key clients of Hams Hall International Rail Freight Terminal.
- Managing staff performance, identifying member training requirements and developing effective teams to deliver both operational and financial KPI. Also to ensure that jobholders have sufficient knowledge to function independently on a day to day basis. This includes:
- providing coaching and mentoring to your team members, to include conducting regular 1-2-1s.
- Handling staff recruitment and conducting appraisals.
- Carrying out disciplinary procedures where necessary.
- Ensuring adequate cover of the shift is maintained.
- Ensuring working methods are used to maximise efficiency.
- Ensuring compliance and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Provide day cover and manage all aspects of the terminal. Lead the operational and office departments. Managing all aspects of site security.
- Ensure that the terminal operations are sufficiently resourced and managed to maintain the required operational, contractual, financial, safety and environmental KPI.
- Conduct regular audit activity and implement corrective actions to ensure continuous improvement with respect to key operational, safety, environmental and security KPIs are achieved.
- Manage contractors to ensure safety, environmental and service level performance is achieved.
- Continually look to improve the container yard strategy is optimized to meet both operational and financial KPI with respect to maximizing future rail services, container storage and container throughput volumes at the terminal.
- Responsible for the ongoing management, development and training of team ensuring the jobholder(s) have sufficient knowledge to be able to operate and carry out their duties independently on a day to day basis.
- Full commitment with ensuring ISO9001:2008 is encouraged by all staff and to continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System at Hams Hall.
You will be a result driven individual, with a track record of leading successful change within an operational environment. You should have a strong work ethic, are able to collaborate across functions with ease and have the proven ability to lead on multiple projects. As no day will be the same, it is essential that in this role you are able to work with unpredictability and use initiative and focus to deliver results.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrable leadership capability.
- Substantial knowledge and experience of working in rail operations, port or other industrial operations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the key service delivery principles.
- Demonstration of capability to multi-task and to make business decision.
- Experience of leading continuous improvement
- Full Driving Licence
- Mechanical Engineering background
As a Deputy Terminal Manager – Ports/Terminals, you will need experience in Ports of Freight termina... Read more
Maritime Transport is one of the fastest growing container transport, handling and storage companies... Read more
James Fisher and Sons plc is a leading provider of innovative marine solutions and specialised engin... Read more
To develop and deliver strategy that achieves business growth with Hams Hall International Rail Frei... Read more