Terminal Operations Coordinator
On Line People
Terminal Operations Coordinator
£100 - £105 per day
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Terminal Operations Coordinator to work for one of our major clients based in Immingham. This is initially a contract position for approximately Twelve (12) months.
Act as the first point of contact for UK Marketing (UKM) at IPC working closely with the yard marshal and Operations Team to ensure the efficient operation of the loading facility.
- Implement, maintain and control the correct use of the Loading Authority Process across all terminals.
- Ensure the loading card indemnity process is up-to-date and adhered to across all terminals.
- Coordination and issuing of all loading cards to drivers at IPC.
- Lead any large intakes of drivers through the training syllabus for new IPC drivers and refresher training for existing drivers. This will include delivering the training, carrying out supervised loads and certification of drivers as competent to carry out ripple loading.
- Ensure driver training status and vehicle database management is up-to-date in Fuel Facs.
- Ensure safe and efficient operations of the IPC loading racks by regular inspection/audits of the racks to ensure all drivers are adhering to ripple loading rules.
- Act as primary contact for all driver queries, requests and inductions, responding in a timely manner.
- Responsible for providing regular status updates to line management on any issues arising.
- Cover Yard Marshall duties on ad hoc basis:
- Delivering the IPC induction programme to all visitors to the site. This will include third party RTW drivers, contract personnel and visitors.
- Ensure smooth flow of vehicles in the yard during periods of congestion.
- Provide daily bunkering reports to Reconciliation and tank levels to the IPC haulier.
- Responsible for the compilation and publication of Customer Metrics on a monthly basis for:
- LPG (once implemented/agreed)
- Responsible for the identification of improvement opportunities at IPC using customer metrics and SIMUL8.
- Develop and implement 'tool box talks' to share best practices across UKM terminals.
- Be the IPC Operations Team point-of-contact within Marketing ensuring clear, open and timely communications.
- Working closely with Demand Manager and IPC yard marshal to drive the terminal operations to be best in class (to include safety / driver administration / yard efficiency)
Critical Skills/Leadership Criteria
- Excellent interpersonal skills ensuring clear verbal communications at all levels
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to direct colleagues and external resources
- Customer focus across variety of groups/business interests.
- Ability to work on own initiative with remote supervision
- Ability to prioritise
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft excel
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Marine Department, based at the Por... Read more
Are you an experienced leader looking for a new challenge in port management? Are you an expert in ... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Biomass Operations Department, base... Read more
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Terminal Operations Coordinator to work for one o... Read more