Submissions are now invited for the GreenPort Cruise Conference and GreenPort Congress which will be hosted by Venice Port Authority from 11-14 October 2016.
Topics to be covered on the 2016 programmes include:
GreenPort Cruise Conference 2016
- Operators’ feedback on using LNG vs Scrubbers vs OPS and the safety implications for ports serving LNG fuelled ships
- Port-City connections, what are the most environmentally friendly options – buses, water taxis/buses
- Port-City working together to promote environmental benefits to cruise lines/tourism
- Dealing with larger ships in the port and with waste
- Sharing best practices in the Cruise Port, e.g. for passenger flow influx
- Renewable energy in ports: solutions adopted by ports around the world for example covering car parking lots with solar panels
GreenPort Congress 2016
- Alternative fuels for port infrastructure and maritime transport
- Reducing the carbon footprint of the logistics chain through joint ventures between ports, terminal operators and members of the port community
- Port Expansion to deal with Ultra Large Container Vessels and Mega Cargoes: dredging and alternatives
- Port Reception Facilities/Dust/Noise/Air emissions
- The Circular Economy
- Industrial symbiosis
- Remediation in the port area
- Alternative and renewable energy in ports
Abstracts of approximately 250 words should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 February 2016 and include a synopsis of 50 words together with a speaker biography.
For further information contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 or email email@example.com.