Cavotec nets second combined MoorMaster order
MoorMaster AMS units during At Sea Demonstrations
Cavotec has announced that it has won a second order for its combined MoorMaster and battery charging system for a hybrid passenger ferry application in Finland.
The group will manufacture, install and commission the combined system which integrates MoorMaster to moor the ferry; Cavotec's Alternative Maritime Power, cable management systems to connect the ferry to electrical power; and the Group's Automatic Plug-in System.
"APS enables the fully automated connection of electrical power to the vessel at the touch of a button, and MoorMaster holds the ferry in position allowing the captain to switch off its thrusters while the ferry is loaded and unloaded," said Benny Törnroos, managing director of Cavotec Finland.
Two MoorMaster MM200 units will be installed at the Parainen and Nauvo berths, in southwest Finland, along with two AMP charging towers.
The electric hybrid ferry, operated by FinFerries, will be approximately 90m long, 16m wide and will be able to carry up to 90 cars. They are due to enter service in summer 2017.
Vessel will make crossings, at 15-minute intervals during the day, and one round trip per hour at night, throughout the year and in all weather conditions.
Cavotec have also recently celebrated the completion of At Sea Demonstrations of the US Navy's Advanced Mooring System for ship-to-ship operations.
"These latest breakthroughs for MoorMaster are important milestones for the Cavotec Group. Crucially, they highlight this unique technology's growing acceptance by the market," said, Ottonel Popesco, Cavotec CEO.
US Navy's Advanced Mooring System, (AMS), employs MoorMaster to control vessel movement and eliminate the need for conventional mooring lines. MoorMaster units typically deploy and detach in less than 30 seconds.
The At Sea Demonstrations were conducted at Naval Base Coronado in California, during which a total of between 40 and 50 mooring operations were completed over the course of several days.
Shore-based MoorMaster units have performed some 200,000 mooring operations to date at ferry, bulk handling, Ro-Ro, container and lock applications worldwide, dramatically improving safety, operational efficiency, and in many cases enabling ports to make infrastructure savings.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Cavotec wins order worth €10m
- Cavotec nets second combined MoorMaster order
- Cavotec and ABB partner up for shore-to-ship power
- Cavotec and Mooring Systems sign pact
- Modelling for safer solutions
- Faster, safer, more secure
- Suction mooring rises to the challenge
- Cavotec presses for cold ironing in California
- Cavotec reels in DP world
- Electrifying anodes for NJ facility
- Cavotec bulks up
- Hedland adds to Moormaster family
- Cavotec reels in the business
- AMP'd up, Cavotec style
- Salalah tests put MoorMaster through its paces
- Cavotec holds capital base
- Cavotec nets 24-strong order
- Cavotec electrified by DPW order
- Better protected
- A happy union
- Cavotec pairs listing with capital boost
- Cavotec plans Sweden relist
- Cavotec maintains steady growth
- Approvals or assumptions?
- Sucking up could help box terminals
- "Green" importance grows slowly in fenders
- US moves towards offshore power
- Shore power leads the way
- Cavotec wins landmark order
- Customer connections
- Wired for gains
- Shore power inaugerated at Rotterdam
- Mooring Systems keen on Cavotec merger
- Cavotec runway sale
- Buy in bulk to save costs
- Cavotec celebrates Scandinavia first
- Cavotec boost
- Cavotec celebrates European opening
- Vacuum systems increase market impact
- Cavotec boss awarded PEMA role
- Cavotec to launch share offer
- Auto mooring to aid bulk congestion
- Switched on ship-power
- Testing the technological waters
- A SWELL SOLUTION FOR DOVER
- Plugging in
- Ports opt for cable protection
- Cold ironing helps
- Oman swayed by suction mooring benefits
- No moor vessel surge for Salalah
- Cavotec secures orders for motorised reels
- Automated technology proves popular
- Cavotec homes in on Middle East
- Cavotec’s dual mooring solution
- Both safe and efficient
- Cavotec secures €7.2m of orders
- Jebel Ali makes the switch
- Transnet signs record Cavotec deal
- Cavotec wins largest order yet
- Making a connection
- Sweat the tech
- Cavotec celebrates order bonanza
- Cavotec nets E10m in orders
- Cavotec wins global orders
- Oslo and Cavotec join ship recharging initiative
- Cavotec nets €9m in orders
- Industry team takes on ironing challenge