Getting the detail right on lasers
An information paper from the Port Equipment Manufacturers’ Association has stressed the importance of getting the details right when incorporating laser technology in an automation programme.
Author of the paper, Lars Ambrosy, chief executive of LASE, stated: “The choice of sensor has to be integrated with the total system, and the role of data processing in the whole cannot be underestimated.”
Mr Ambrosy added that ease of management for the end user is also “vital for its acceptance”, conceding that the complex data churned out through the use of lasers can be “difficult to interpret”.
“Therefore, the industry must respond by giving users the tools and methods to easily set up and maintain laser scanning systems,” he said.
For full paper can be downloaded for free here.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- PEMA calls for “more cross-industry dialogue”
- Ports need to get smarter
- PEMA report on OCR technologies in ports
- Sound carriers
- Reducing unacceptable risks
- OCR grabs the world
- Weighing up the possibilities
- Ten years of PEMA
- Nurturing new talent in the ports sector
- Getting the detail right on lasers
- University of Hamburg team tackle berth errors
- A common objective