ACP to re-tender Corozal box terminal
ACP has given management the green light to go ahead with a possible new tender for the proposed container terminal at Corozal Oeste.
In Panama, the Board of Directors of the Panama Canal Authority (ACP) has given the management team authorisation to go ahead with a possible new tender for the proposed container terminal at Corozal Oeste.
This will involve any necessary changes to the terms and conditions of the tender that those responsible think necessary. The concessionaire will have to both develop and operate the facility.
The previous attempt to put the port out to concession resulted in no bids being received for the tender. As a result, the Board of Directors wants its management team to find out why this was the case and make any relevant changes so that the next tender will succeed.
According to the Canal administrator, Jorge Luis Quijano, “The ACP is to continue evaluating the Corozal Oeste project, given that it forms part of the strategic commercial development of the Canal, since it has a significant potential.”
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Chesapeake opts for Kalmar RTGs
- Further Panama Canal extension mooted
- ACP to re-tender Corozal box terminal
- Canal expansion 'fails to meet expectations'
- Is there a future for Corozal?
- Corozal bid deadline pushed back
- Judges give green light to Corozal
- Panama needs better logistics, not new ports
- Panama Canal issues request for proposals
- Slow burner
- Expanded Panama Canal open for business
- Four operators pre-qualify for Corozal
- Corozal to plug Panama capacity shortfall
- Keeping pace
- Global operators vie for Corozal's hand
- Panama toll charge increase row
- Antwerp and Panama extend collaboration
- OCR project at Panama terminals
- Panama Canal ups its game?
- Panama Canal works hang in the balance
- Talks continue on Panama locks project
- Benefits to a Panama Canal delay?
- Panama picks up the pace
- Green light in sight for Panama’s Corozal hub
- Plugging in
- Panama Canal proposes rate hike
- Cracking down on Canal concerns