Danish Ports is the national association of commercial ports in Denmark.
80 Ports in Denmark and Faroe Islands are members of the association of Danish Ports, ranging from large and medium-sized commercial ports to small local ports. 80 percent of Danish foreign trade volumes are handled in the ports.
Key objectives of Danish Ports:
- To influence ports' interests in relation to politicians, authorities and transport organisations in Denmark and the EU.
- To direct focus on ports' role as central nodes in transport chains.
- To create framework conditions for business development of ports.
- To disseminate knowledge and create facilities for knowledge sharing.
- To strengthen sense of community between ports and among groups of ports