THE PORT TOUR TOOK PLACE ON THE FINAL DAY OF GREENPORT CONGRESS OCEANIA
Organised by our host port Port of Newcastle delegates enjoyed an educational tour seeing how the presentations from the conference room are put into practice.
Tour was taken with Nova Cruises, a locally owned and operated business. offering ocean, harbour and river cruises from right in the heart of Newcastle.
Newcastle is a city port bringing with it all of the challenges and opportunities of being so closely connected to the local community
- Twenty berths
- Five precinct categories:
- General cargo
- Newcastle Deepwater Container Terminal
- Diverse range of trade
- Recent delivery of two hybrid mobile harbour cranes
- New ship unloader
- State listed heritage - Carrington Engine House
- North Arm - Ramsar Wetlands