There’s just one day left to submit your abstract for the 14th GreenPort Congress taking place at the Port of Valencia from 16-19 October 2018.
Submissions are now welcome for GreenPort Cruise & Congress. Companies and individuals are encouraged to submit a 250-word abstract in relation to one of the topics listed below, together with a speaker biography and photograph prior to April 20. Don't miss your chance to speak about the latest sustainable developments taking place in your business and meet more than 180 attendees, including 98 port authorities, terminal operators and shipping lines representing 30 countries.
- How to create 'the best for both worlds'
Impact of the energy transition
- How to make it and to manage the change
- What does the future hold? (e.g. where will energy come from)
Total Value Creation
- How to create total value
Responsible supply chains
- How to work in Partnerships on responsible supply chains
Reducing carbon footprint
- Measurement and calculation
- Initiatives and examples of reduction
Challenges for ports and terminals – what does the future hold?
- Dredging for ultra container vessels: costs, legal challenges
- Spatial planning/land consumption/infrastructure development
- Improving air quality/greenhouse gases reduction
- Making sense of the circular economy
- Managing congestion in and around the cruise port to cope with passenger influx
- Innovations to reduce energy consumption and emissions: port-side and land-side
- Improving hinterland connections
- Involving port users and stakeholders to plan for changing market needs
- Dealing with the effects of climate change on the cruise port
- Coping with larger vessels
Port Reception facilities
- Directive update
- Getting buy-in of all port users
Preference will be given to abstracts from ports and terminals illustrating good practices where an impact has been made to lower noise/emissions/improve air quality/ relieve congestion/reduce energy consumption etc. Suppliers of equipment to achieve the above are also invited to submit abstracts and case studies, particularly in conjunction with testimonials from ports.
Abstracts of approximately 250 words should be submitted to email@example.com by 20 April 2018.
For further information contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the event on Twitter @GPCongress.