Delegates will hear first hand Carnival’s solution ECA regulations in a session that also features an alternative and futuristic approach to cruise ship design and options for reducing emissions in ports.
Carnival Corporation’s Senior Vice President Maritime Affairs, Tom Strang, will be just one of the presenters in a packed session on reducing emissions from cruising. Strang’s presentation will cover why LNG was chosen and some of the design features that will be incorporated into the four new cruise ships, which will be the largest ever built based on guest capacity. The vessels will feature a revolutionary “green cruising” design as the first-ever cruise ships powered at sea by Liquefied Natural Gas, the world’s cleanest burning fossil fuel. Pioneering a new era in the use of sustainable fuels, the ships will be the first in the cruise industry to use LNG in dual-powered hybrid engines to power the ship both in port and on the open sea. LNG will be stored on-board and used to generate 100% power at sea – producing another industry-first innovation for Carnival Corporation and its brands.
Other presentations in the session include:
- Opting for LNG as a solution to ECA compliance: Tom Strang, Senior Vice President Maritime Affairs, Carnival Corporation
- ELEMED project – cold ironing infrastructure in ports and electric bunkering for zero emission ships: Panayotis Mitrou, Technology & Innovation Manager, Hellenic Lloyd’s S.A.
- Cutting ship emissions in ports: Knut Marquart, Head of Shore to Ship Power, Siemens and Thomas Kopel, Energy Management, Siemens
- Hummel Hybrid Barge – feedback on the first two years’ operations: Max Kommorowski, Director, LNG Hybrid
- EcoShip – an alternative futuristic approach: Yoshioka Tatsuya, Co-Founder and Director, NGO Peace Boat and Andrés Molina, Project Manager, Peace Boat Ecoship
Book your place online today. Preferential rates are available for participants attending both the GreenPort Cruise Conference and GreenPort Congress and members of supporting associations qualify for special rates. For more information contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the event on Twitter @GPCongress.