GreenPort Congress kicks off at 08:50 on Wednesday 17 October 2018 at the Port Authority of Valencia main building.
Delegates can expect a day packed with industry leading speakers from worldwide ports. The opening session will feature keynote addresses from:
- Victor Schoenmakers, Director Corporate Strategy, Port of Rotterdam
- Rosa Antidormi, Policy Officer - Maritime Transport, Sustainability, European Commission
- Isabelle Ryckbost, Secretary General, ESPO
Ryckbost will cover the ESPO 2018 sustainability report, with climate being a central theme of the remaining two keynote addresses.
Also on day one of the conference, the audience will be able to participate in this year’s interactive working group; ‘you can’t manage what you can’t measure’ will occupy the afternoon slot of the conference programme, and will be moderated by Chris Wooldridge, Honorary Research Fellow, School of Earth and Ocean Sciences, Cardiff University.
The workshop will exchange views and experience on the measurement and reduction of air pollution and GHG emissions as well as the key steps to implement an Emissions
Management and Reduction Plan.
- Methodology for the calculation of the carbon footprint of a seaport - Raul Cascajo, Head of Environmental Policies, Valenciaport
- New Guidance on Carbon Management for Port and Navigation Infrastructure- Douglas Daugherty, Western Region COO & Director of Strategy, Americas, Ramboll Environment & Health
- Environmental performance in the EU port sector - Rosa Mari Darbra, Associate Professor, Polytechnic University of Catalonia
We look forward to welcoming you to the Port of Valencia. For more information contact the team on email@example.com