GreenPort Cruise & Congress 2021: 20-22 October, Piraeus, Greece.
This is the final call for submissions for the 16th Edition of the Green Port Cruise & Congress on 20-22 October 2021, hosted by Piraeus Port Authority.
GreenPort Cruise & Congress brings together the whole port community and is a platform for the exchange of information on the latest in sustainable environmental practice. In 2019 more than 180 high level decision makers attended, including 98 port authorities, terminal operators and shipping lines representing 30 countries. The event helps maritime ports and terminals to reduce their carbon foot prints whilst becoming more sensitive to environmental considerations, which is vital to their future success!
To be considered to present to this strong audience – send your abstract now covering one of the following areas:
- The EU’s new climate plan ‘The Green Deal’ – how will this affect ports big and small, case studies
- Onshore power supply – financial and technical challenges
- Ports getting ahead for new fuels – methane, ammonia, hydrogen
- New types of alternative power in ports
- The latest in port equipment
- Collaborative community projects – integrating the port with the people and local industry
- Achieving climate and sustainability goals through cross-industry partnerships and collaboration
- Sustainable transport and logistics in the hinterland connections of the port - short sea shipping, road, rail
- Biodiversity protection & enhancement (projects)
- The impact of the pandemic on port environment and shipping
- The multiple impacts of Cruise – on the port, on the surrounding areas visited by tourists
- The impact of the pandemic the Cruise Industry and its impacts on the environment
- Latest green terminal projects
- Sustainable cruise projects
- Sustainable cruise initiative in Europe
- Regulatory aspects/environmental impacts of ro-ro and ro-pax activity in ports
- The latest on LNG advancements port-side cruise – refuelling, infrastructure etc plus case studies
- Eco Cruise Ships
Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and should be sent, with a biography of the speaker, headshot photo and logo, to Josie Gilchriest Jgilchriest@mercatormedia.com by 15th April 2021 at the latest.
Preference will be given to abstracts from ports and terminals illustrating good practice where an impact has been made to lower noise/emissions/improve air quality/ relieve congestion/reduce energy consumption etc. Suppliers of equipment to achieve the above are also invited to submit abstracts and case studies, particularly in conjunction with testimonials from ports. We also welcome papers that identify scope for collaboration between port sector and cruise industry in delivering sustainability.
For further information about speaking, sponsoring or attending as a delegate, contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 or email email@example.com