ESPO, FEPORT, ECOPORTS, Danish Maritime, AssoPorti and IWSA are just some of the associations already confirmed as supporters of the 11th GreenPort Congress to be held in Venice in October 2016.
The continued support of these leading organisations confirms the importance of this event to the sector which is the only conference dedicated to environmental issues in ports and terminals.
The Call for Papers topics for the GreenPort Cruise Conference and GreenPort Congress have now been released as follows:
GreenPort Cruise Conference 2016
- Operators’ feedback on using LNG vs Scrubbers vs OPS and the safety implications for ports serving LNG fuelled ships
- Port-City connections, what are the most environmentally friendly options – buses, water taxis/buses
- Port-City working together to promote environmental benefits to cruise lines/tourism
- Dealing with larger ships in the port and with waste
- Sharing best practices in the Cruise Port, e.g. for passenger flow influx
- Renewable energy in ports: solutions adopted by ports around the world for example covering car parking lots with solar panels
GreenPort Congress 2016
- Alternative fuels for port infrastructure and maritime transport
- Reducing the carbon footprint of the logistics chain through joint ventures between ports, terminal operators and members of the port community
- Port Expansion to deal with Ultra Large Container Vessels and Mega Cargoes: dredging and alternatives
- Port Reception Facilities/Dust/Noise/Air emissions
- The Circular Economy
- Industrial symbiosis
- Remediation in the port area
- Alternative and renewable energy in ports
Abstracts of approximately 250 words should be submitted to email@example.com by 26 February 2016 and include a synopsis of 50 words together with a speaker biography.
If you would like your association or organisation to be a supporter of the GreenPort Cruise Conference or GreenPort Congress, contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to follow the event on Twitter @GPCongress