Visy TopView – the spreader OCR camera system automatically identifies container IDs from the tops of containers, transforming spreaders into smart devices with Visy’s in-house recognition software.
Visy TopView accelerates container handling processes and prevents time-consuming false lifts, which instantly helps to increase a terminal’s operating capacity and stack accuracy. With Visy TopView, no container is being stacked to a wrong location regardless of whether the operation commences over vessel, truck, train, or yard.
Visy TopView recognizes container IDs while crane operations are ongoing, providing efficiency and accuracy in container handling. The agile solution also enhances safety and security by reducing the need for manual work in the immediate vicinity of the cranes. Visy TopView utilizes state-of-the-art vision technology to prevent lift accidents: A deep neural network determines the container formation from the spreader camera images and compares it with the spreader setting. An alert is sent to the crane operator if the selected lift type does not match the images, thus preventing accidental twin lifts when the spreader is in single lift position.
Visy TopView is a compact system in which all equipment is installed directly on the spreaders, including cameras, illuminators, and the recognition PC. Intelligent OCR software selects the best results to achieve recognition rates of up to 99.5% and thus verifies that each movement of cargo goes as planned. The system is a reliable partner for terminal operators in container handling processes, as it gathers recognition data while cranes are in action, regardless of the time of day or environmental condition.
TopView can be installed to any type of container handling equipment, including single, tandem, twin, and quad spreaders.
- Automatic recognition of container IDs from container roofs
- In-house OCR software: high recognition accuracy of 98% – 99.5%
- Match container ID with work-order
- Twin-Twenty Detection System (TTDS) prevents accidental twin lifts when the spreader is in single lift position
- Container roof images for damage inspection
- Installations to any type of crane equipment, including single, tandem, twin, and quad spreaders
- Extensive data exchange and interfacing with third-party systems (TOS, POS, ERP)
- Customizable application and user interface
See also: Visy Crane OCR