A revenue-grade power monitoring solution for collecting, managing, and invoicing electrical usage of refrigerated containers.
All RTE reefer monitoring devices include estimated power usage as a standard feature, with values calculated based on current and voltage data collected from the reefer controller. The estimated results offer a general understanding of a reefer’s power usage, which can help operators recognize electrical efficiencies throughout the yard. For many terminals, this is acceptable for operational purposes.
Accuracy is more critical when terminals look to offset electrical use as a revenue stream. Therefore, a more precise method for measuring electrical consumption is required.
Calibrated and traceable, RRCE-PM is a 100% accurate revenue-grade power monitoring solution.
RRCE-PM™ power monitoring components mount directly to each Reefer Plug Distribution Cabinet at or near terminal reefer racks and connect directly to the electrical power lines for accurate metering of electrical flow at each reefer outlet.
- RTE Power Monitoring Boxes house the 480vac, 3phase power meters and permanently mount to the distribution cabinets. Daisy-chained boxes provide coverage across multiple rows in a single rack.
- 3Phase Meter Current Transformers (CT) connect directly to the power line for each reefer outlet just downstream of the reefer outlet circuit breaker.
- RRCE-D Units provide the communication link between each Power Monitoring Box and the GRASP3.0 server.
RRCE-PM™ accurately accounts for power consumption at each reefer or the entire yard.
- Voltage (Average, AΦ, BΦ, CΦ)
- Line Voltage (AB, BC, CA, Average Voltage LL)
- Amps (Total, A, B, C)
- Watts (Total, A, B, C)
- VA (Total, A, B, C)
- VAR (Total, A, B, C)
- PF (Average, A, B, C)
- Apparent Power
- Reactive Power
- Total Connection Time
- Power Usage
- Average On-Peak Cost
- Average Off-Peak Cost
GRASP™3.0 software integrates your power monitoring data into any TOS environment, is accessible through multiple user interfaces (UIs), and provides accurate reporting and documentation of individual containers or an entire reefer yard’s power usage.
Increase revenue and provide added value to your customers by offering accurate measurements of electrical usage.