Get insight from Miguel Matias, CEO and discover how renewable energy communities at Ports can influence cities sustainability.
Ports need a big energy infrastructure and the way they choose to operate will have a huge influence in the city’s environment. By embracing bold decarbonisation targets and energy efficiency goals, engaging, and promoting renewable energy communities (REC) in their sites and in surrounding areas, ports can become an accelerator for overall change. Within his presentation Miguel will discuss how Ports can implement this RECs inside and outside their area limits and positively impact the cities where they operate.
Miguel founded SelfEnergy, a pioneering company and specialist in the areas of sustainability programs, energy efficiency, renewable energy and smart cities, recognized as the first Portuguese ESCo in the development of integrated energy services. Expanded the company by internationalizing it in the UK and 4 more countries, starting projects on 3 continents helping to develop ESCOs in India (New Delhi), Mozambique, Brazil, Kenya and Angola. He is currently CEO of SelfEnergy UK and has become a certified business angel with stakes in many other companies linked to the sector.
Joining Miguel in Carbon Neutral Port is:
- Andreas Slotte, Head of Sustainable Development, Port of Helsinki
- Ralph Guldberg Bjørndal, Senior Chief Project Manager, Ports, Marine & Coastal, Ramboll
Your combined delegate place includes:
- Choice of conference streams including GreenPort Cruise on day 1
- Two-day conference attendance at GreenPort Congress
- Full documentation in electronic format
- Lunch and refreshments throughout
- Place at the Welcome Reception – 17th October
- Place at the Gala Dinner – 18th October
- Place at the Port Tour – 20th October
With under two weeks to go don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn from leading industry speakers as well as build important connections at GreenPort Congress & Cruise. Book online or call the conference team on +44 1329 825335. For more information email email@example.com.