The deadline is fast approaching for the Coastlink call for papers. Send through your presentation submissions by 30 September if you are interested in speaking or taking part in a panel discussion at the conference next year.
The theme of the 2023 Coastlink Conference will focus on Growing Sustainable Supply Chains: Short Sea Shipping and Intermodal Networks. With a modal shift to short sea shipping and rail creating greater efficiency both in terms of emissions and a more robust supply chain, sustainability is a key topic on the agenda.
Taking place on 3 & 4 May 2023 at the iconic Royal Liver Building in the heart of Liverpool City Centre, Coastlink invite interested speakers to put forward their abstract submissions for next year’s event.
The 2-day conference, hosted by Peel Ports Group – Port of Liverpool, will deliver sessions and panel discussions on the following topics:
- Market Sector Overview - the new normal in an adapting market. Considering trends, market forces, and emerging opportunities for short sea feeder services
- In a Post-Brexit & Post-Pandemic era - Are we where we need to be? Considering current challenges with port congestion; work-force shortages; skills gap; EU-UK trade flows; the need for frictionless trade; approach to border control; Future barriers & opportunities
- How to promote growth and deliver resilient end to end supply chains. A look at the changing landscape in end-to-end intermodal networks & the just in time supply chain.
- Freeports: Driving change for coastal shipping and the supply chain? Discussing the impacts and benefits of Freeports. How will supply chains adjust?
- Sustainability & the Energy transition – A route to shipping freight sustainably The journey and challenges for ports, shipping & logistics in achieving net zero.
- Whose data is it anyway? Exploring the digitalisation of international trade & improving supply chain efficiency through data collaboration
Companies, organisations, and individuals are invited to submit abstracts relating to these session topics. Abstracts should be circa 250 words and submissions should include a biography and headshot photo of the Speaker. Please submit all enquiries and abstracts to Sally Wattam at email@example.com. The closing date for the call for papers is 30 September 2022.
Coastlink brings together the community of ports and port authorities, shipping lines, agents, and shippers, along with multimodal and logistics experts, cargo handlers, terminal operators, industry associations and freight forwarders. All with a common goal to increase collaboration and efficiency in global supply chains.
For information on speaking, attending, or sponsoring Coastlink 2023 please visit the Coastlink Website. Alternatively, please call the team on +44 1329 825335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.